11.5.10

Heavy Drop - A Doctor's Opinion

I continue to remove road grit from my teeth this morning after my futile attempt to follow the rooster tail of road debris in yesterday's wind aided and traffic violating heavy drop. I have come to the conclusion that the UCI's banning of the HD is completely justified. No one can combat such a devious move. It is totally unfair for any competitor to be put into the position of having to respond to h2o's HD. Johan "The Ferret" conceived this superb tactic and I have no doubt he will come up with another marginally more devilish manoeuvre to ensure h2o and Team Vitesse continue their stunning dominance of the peleton.

Johan the Ferret

On a personal note the "sensations" were indeed NOT good and a mild burning sensation (not unlike replacing chamois cream with embrocation) was encountered in the long chase down following the HD...surely future rides will encourage a supple gear and a tidy spin giving rise to good sensations...

No comments: