7.3.12

Cat 6 - Silent Running

The last 2 days of Cat 6 riding have been a joy. 2 to 4 cms of snow has fallen each night blanketing the bike path with a duvet of neige. Churning the big gear on the single speed with 32mm tyres, the silence was truly golden. I was able to wheelsuck behind what I believe to be a woman riding a Canadian Tire GRONK bike. She was in deep conversation with Race Radio (seems unlikely since radios are banned in all Cat 6 races)or family or spouse on a mobile phone. I was able to come out of her slipstream for the intermediate sprint. I glanced over and saw no technology indicating that she was talking to anyone but herself. My worst fears confirmed, I continued my sprint well past the line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I assume she was not repeating "what would johan do" repeatedly as I do when I need a nature break but know a heavy drop is imminent.....